SID Active Citizenship Grants
A call for applications from county-based organisations
We are offering seed grants of KShs 1.5 million to county based partner organisations working to promote active citizenship and responsive governance in ten select counties. The grants will support citizen actions and activities between 15th September 2014 and 31st August 2015 in Bungoma, Garissa, Kajiado, Kisumu, Machakos, Nairobi, Nakuru, Nyeri, Turkana and Taita Taveta.
Criteria for application
Successful applications will have demonstrated the following among others;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Constitution of Kenya and how this could translate at a county and local level;
- Passion for deepening spaces for meaningful interactions between citizens and their leaders;
- Clear statement of impact sought in the county especially in terms of mobilisation of citizens to engage their county governments;
- Existing programme, financial and administrative capacity to manage grants of this nature;
- Office presence and outreach capacity in the stated county of interest.
How to apply and process for selection
1. Complete and submit the online Grant Application Form or download and complete the application form and email to email@example.com indicating "SID GRANT APPLICATION FORM" in the subject line by September 7th 2014.
2. Applications will be appraised by September 7th and we will communicate to successful organisations by September 14th.
3. Successful organisations will be asked to submit documents to substantiate the application. This will include a scanned copy of a registration certificate, organisational constitution, last two annual audits, reference letter from past/current funding organization and current strategy or plan.
CLICK HERE TO FILL THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD GRANT APPLICATION FORM