Development Vol. 55.3 on Gender and Economic Justice. SID-AWID Launch event at ISS
This event will take place on November 22 at the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) in The Hague from 17:30 – 19:00. Drinks and snacks at the Butterfly Bar will follow the event.
The Society for International Development (SID) and the Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) invite you to join Lydia Alpízar Durán (AWID), Ireen Dubel (Hivos), Han Deggeller (WILPF) and Wendy Harcourt (Editor Development), for the official Dutch launch and reception of a special issue of the quarterly Journal Development on gender and economic justice. With films, discussions and a chance to network informally, it will be a unique occasion to discuss gender and economic justice issues in the context of the post 2015 development agenda.
More on Development Vol. 55.3 'Gender and Economic Justice':
- SID-AWID press release
- Editorial by Wendy Harcourt: No economic justice without gender justice
- Introduction by Cindy Clarck and Lydia Alpízar Durán: Transforming economic power to advance women's rights and justice.
DevelopmentPLUS - Find below additional articles and interviews on 'Gender and Economic Justice' on DevelopmentPLUS, the online blog of Development
- Gender, growth and employment, by Elissa Braunstein
- Twenty years after Rio: Facing a future we do not want, by Shobha Raghuram
- Girls and girlhood interrupted: Two decades of statelessness and militarized violence in war-torn Somalia, by Shukria Dini
Development is the flagship journal of the Society for International Development, published quarterly by Palgrave Macmillan. For information about past and current issues of the journal, and to learn more how to receive it, please click here.